Friday, April 27, 2012

I'm Ready For My Portrait Now Sir

This morning I headed out to the Little Lake Valley for some more bird photography. Spring is the perfect time for birds because the males are in their breeding plumages. So I tend to do a lot of bird photography in springtime because of this. Today I really wanted to get a few more Acorn Woodpecker images. I had my Oak Tree limb all set up and my feeders were all filled. Within minutes of getting into the photoblind a California Valley Quail hopped up onto the fence railing next to the blind. Several more soon followed. I watched in amazement as soon more than a dozen arrived. I was set up for woodpeckers so there weren't any real perches other than the fence for the quail to perch upon. I finally settled upon getting some tight portraits of them on the fence railing as it is so close to my blind. They have such cool looking feathers when you get to see them so close up. God's light and love to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment