Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Backyard Birds

Yesterday I spent a little time in backyard photoblind in the morning and a little bit later in the afternoon. I came away with a couple of images of a Steller's Jay and a Red Breasted Nuthatch using the knothole feeder. Unexpectedly three Mountain Quail showed up late in the afternoon. I could hear there feeding call as they came into the yard from down the ridge top. I wasn't quite ready for them as I was focused on the knothole feeder. Very slowly I recomposed my camera on the platform feeder and I was able to capture one of them on its trip off of the feeder. They were extremely nervous and only stayed by the feeders a couple of minutes. I'm always happy to see them much less be able to photograph them. God's blessings to all, chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 400, F8.0,Shutter speed varied.

2 comments:

  1. What hand framed this feathered finery? Thank you again. Wished I had my camera with me yesterday. There was a white Swan and a duck swimming along the icy banks of the Detroit. Brethren. They looked cold and hungry. My grandnephew and I decided we had enough time to go get them some sesame snacks in the car which we were able to throw out past the ice for them. Serendipity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and commenting brucejamieson42. There is always something amazing and incredible out there for you to see. The good Lords hand changes our view minute by minute second by second.

    ReplyDelete