Saturday, July 11, 2015

Touch of Velvet

All the Blacktail bucks in my area have their antlers almost fully grown now and they are covered in velvet. Come late August the velvet will start coming off in anticipation of when they will need their antlers for the fall rut. This morning I was on my way into town to drop off some bags to the Senior Thrift Store when I passed by a bachelor group that was in someones front yard. I stopped as one of the bucks was standing in a great spot right in front of a shaded area with dark house siding behind it. I immediately took advantage of this dark background by taking his portrait. The lighting was fabulous.! What a nice way to start my trip downtown. God's love and blessings to all, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens at 400 mm. Camera was handheld and the camera settings used were. AV mode, ISO 400, F 5.6 at 1/160th of a sec. #TeamCanon, #canonbringit

No comments:

Post a Comment