Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Fencing It

First off thanks to John Hamil for the inspiration to do a few more on the fence images of birds and squirrels. He recently posted an image of a spotted Towhee on a fence that I really liked.Check out his bird photography when you get a chance he is very good. Also thanks to Nick Luo and Scott Ackerman for the fence tops that I used as a prop for these images. To create these images I took the fence tops and nailed the together onto a longer board to resemble a fence top. The fence top wood was brand new redwood so I painted it with a mixture of steel wool soaked in vinegar to age it and make it look more gray. The first images I created with the brand new wood just didn't look right. After painting I mounted it next to the bird feeder for the birds to land on. I ended up really liking the final results. God light and love to all, chrisAll images were created with a Canon 7DmkII and a Canon 100-400IS v.1 AV mode, ISO 800, F 8.0 at a variety of exposures.

No comments:

Post a Comment