Thursday, October 11, 2018

Waiting at the Old Waterhole

This last week I set up my large water feature. It's not really that large, it's a sheet of four by eight plywood with tapered three and a half inch sides. I fill the inside of it with visqueen plastic and then water. Next I add gravel, sand and river rock to make it into a small pond. The local wildlife love it and use it as a place to drink and bathe. This morning I went out and sat in the photoblind next to it waited. After a wait of about twenty minutes I could hear the scratching on bark of the nearby tree trunks and the calls of Douglas Tree Squirrels around me. Several squirrels even climbed up onto the roof of the photoblind itself. It's pretty cool to hear them scampering around on top of the blind! Not long after that I managed to capture some images of the squirrels stopping by for a drink. These three images were my favorites.What a great experience. God's blessings to all, chris All of these images were created with a Canon EOS 7D MkII camera and a TAMRON | SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens. A Canon 550EX speedlight was used as a fill flash. #TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

No comments:

Post a Comment