Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Squeaky Clean

I've noticed many macro images of soap bubbles posted on social media sites. Some of them look pretty cool. They are like colorful,miniature planets. Yesterday I thought that I would give it a try.I grabbed my camera with a macro lens and put it up on a tripod. I set up a lens end cap on top of a jar on top of a table to get it to a height where I wouldn't have to bend down too much.I filled up the cap with soap bubble mix.I blew a bubble in the cap with a plastic straw. After many, many attempts I got the technique down to where I could consistently create a bubble. I used a single hand held flash shot through a piece of white foam core to light up the bubble. For a back drop I used a piece of black foam core. It took a number of tries but I finally got one that I really liked. It was actually pretty challenging to accomplish. God's blessings upon your day, chris This image was created with a Canon EOS 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 180mm macro lens. Lighting was provided by a Canon 550EX flash. The camera settings used were Manual Mode, ISO 800, F 11.0 at 1/250th of a sec.#TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

1 comment: