Friday, May 22, 2020

Beautiful Hummingbird Kind of Day

This afternoon I gathered up all of my hummingbird photography equipment and headed out into the backyard. I set it all up and climbed into my new hummingbird blind. I had my trusty Canon EOS 7D MKII camera with a Canon 100-400IS V.1 telephoto lens mounted on it. For lighting I had three Canon 540EZ Speedlights. One focused on the background and two for the hummingbird. After about a twenty minute wait the hummingbirds started coming into the feeder. I had some purple petunias set up in front of the feeder fro the hummingbirds to sample as well. There were two male Annas coming in as well as one Allen's/Rufous hummingbird. I had a great time and so did the hummingbirds. God's love and blessings to all, chris #teamcanonusa

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creature. Our cat has gone to heaven and in a matter of days the birds are venturing into the garden, a cheeky magpie comes right to the door, blackbirds collecting worms for hungry babies, tiny wrens and colourful coal tits, jays... it is giving me a little pleasure although I miss my old kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, so sorry to hear about your cat. It's nice to hear that you have found some solace in the birds.

      Delete