Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mendocino Headlands







Today Jay had a track meet in Ft. Bragg, California which is just thirteen miles up the coast from the scenic Mendocino Headlands. I thought to myself what a perfect opportunity to go out to the coast and do some photography. I try to get out to the coast whenever I can even though the drive is extremely twisty and winding. My house sits on a ridge that is only about sixteen miles or so from the coast. On a clear day I can see the fishing boats out of Ft. Bragg but it takes 45 minutes of driving to get there from here.

The weather for the coast was incredible. The sun was out and there was a light breeze. I parked the car and Badger and I walked a section of the headlands and looked for scenic spots to create some seascapes. When we finished we drove up to Ft. bragg just in time to watch Jay compete in the 100 meter dash. He was in the middle of the pack when I saw a look of anguish cross his face. He suddenly slowed down and finished near the end of the pack still beating a runner. When I talked to him later he said he pulled a muscle and it hurt all the way home.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment