Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wild Turkey



Nothing promotes the speed up of the digestive system like something slamming into the photography blind without you expecting it. My photo blind has three portals or openings to photograph out of. I typically use only the one I'm photographing from to keep the interior of the blind dark so I'm not as easily spotted by whatever I'm photographing. Today a turkey came from the side and tried to make a landing on top of the blind. Which of course wasn't as stable as the turkey expected it to be. Badger, the turkey and I all freaked out all at the same time amidst the crashing of wings and the turkey sliding down the side of the blind.
The turkey recovered more quickly than we did and began cautiously eating grain from the ground feeder. It came and went several times after that rather nervous about that black and white thing sticking out from the blind and following it.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment