Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Leapin' Lizards!






It's great when the lizards come out in spring. They provide so much excitement when they scurry out from underfoot and you think it might be a rattlesnake! Actually I like them because they follow the sun. If you watch one for a long period of time they will follow the sun around a rock to stay in its warmth. They are expert sun bathers.

This morning I photographed the birds and then headed down to Ukiah to take my Mom in for some eye surgery. Did you know that your eye lid can curve downward and irritate the cornea? Well I guess it can. So they stitch it back up into place. When I got back from Ukiah I stopped by Lake Ada Rose and spent some time stalking the Western Fence Lizards among the rip rap on the dam's face. It's pretty cool how many color variations there are among the fence lizards. They range from almost black to light brown with a Herring Bone pattern.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment