Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hunting Dragon(fly)s Beside Still Waters








Summer is pushing in with a force. It seems like we only had a very short spring. This morning I got up late and was lazy so I missed my morning appointment to do a work out at the gym. Instead I loaded up the pickup and made a run to the dump and afterwards went out to the ranch to photograph some dragonflys.

There were a lot of late spring wildflowers out and I stopped to make a few images of them next to the pond. Following that I searched the shoreline of the pond for some sticks. One of the best ways to photograph dragonflies is to stab a stick in the ground next to the pond and plop yourself beside it. Get your camera focused on the top of the stick and wait.That is exactly what I did and here are the results. A nice way to spend part of my morning sitting on the bank of a pond

God's love and blessings to all,
chris

No comments:

Post a Comment