Saturday, October 29, 2011

Catsup Day







I'm playing a bit of catch up today. Thus the play on words in the title. My brother Eric loves catsup. He and his wife Sue came for a visit a few weeks back and we bought an extra bottle of it just for his stay. He is a really superb photographer and Sue is an exceptional writer. Together they have teamed up on articles in magazines all over the U.S and Canada.

While they were here we took my Ultimate Watercraft Kayak and my Pelican Bassboat (it's tiny) over to Clearlake for some photography. We got there about eight in the morning and immediately unloaded the boats and headed out onto the water at Clearlake State Park. We split up and Eric took the kayak and I took the photobarge. Which is my nickname for the bass boat. It was lucky for Eric as there was a connection problem with the electric motor so I had to paddle it, which isn't an easy thing to do in that boat. I still managed to find some good photography subjects even though I couldn't paddle very fast or far. Immediately I located a Black Crowned Night Heron. I photographed a flock of American Pelicans for awhile and later found some Mallards and a Pied Grebe. My brother had much better luck capturing the same subjects as well as an image of a River Otter and a Great Blue Heron both from a short distance away. This was a good trip and it was really great to spend some time with my brother and his wife.

God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment