Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lights , Action, Carnival!

Every year during the end of June through July Fourth Willits, Ca throws a big celebration with the "Willits Frontier Days" as a major fundraiser for community organizations. It's a very big deal for a small town. It includes gymkhanas, rodeos,singing contests, dances and a big parade down Main Street on the Fourth of July with a big BBQ. Like many small town celebrations it includes a carnival with rides and a midway. Last night I went to the carnival to photograph the rides. I came prepared with a wide angle lens and some extra batteries for my camera. Mid way through the evening my batteries died. I immediately popped in a new set only to find them dead as well. So much for my preparedness! I headed home only to find that my cable release had fallen off of my camera.I texted my son Jay about it and to my amazement he found it trampled into the dirt at the last place I had been photographing. Thank you Jay! It was a fun evening and I got to talk to a number of friends and acquaintances through out the evening. God's light and love to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment