Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Long Way Home

Saturday afternoon Lenore and I went to a gallery showing of Mark Neumeyer's art at the Delormier Winery. We had a wonderful time viewing some beautiful artwork. My favorite piece was a painting of a trout underwater in a stream. It had a quality to it that just drew me in. Afterwards we dined at Diaviola's Pizzeria and Salumeria (What's a salumaria? salad?) in Geyserville, Ca. We chose the outdoor seating on the patio and it was a bit chilly but the pizza Primavera and the dish I had the Hamachi and Tuna Poke were delicious. Following dinner we headed towards the freeway for the drive home. Some inner instinct took over when we reached the on ramp and we took the frontage road instead. It was a much slower pace and we could talk and enjoy the scenery. We stopped along the way in couple of places to admire the views and photograph the vineyards and a silhouette of an old oak. The sky to the west had a light touch of pink that was pretty nice. Just past Cloverdale we were forced to hit the main highway although we did stop at a wide spot in the road so that I could photograph the Jaxon Keys Winery at dusk. I must say it was a very nice day. Thank you Lord! chris Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D and a Canon 28-135 IS lens. Camera settings- AV mode,ISO F stops and shutter speeds varied.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the first one with the pretty warm lavender sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you stopped in for a look and a comment, Isabelle Zita. My favorite is the last one. Only because I have wanted to stop and photograph this winery for over twenty years and just never did. Finally I took the time to stop and create an image of it. Handheld bracing it on my knees in dim light no less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one, looked in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank I'm gad that it has a good mood. It's one of my favorite areas to photograph vineyards.

    ReplyDelete