Monday, September 15, 2014

All in a Day's Work

I got up early and spent all morning working out at the Burris Ranch in the little Lake Valley. I was hauling rocks and building a large water feature to photograph the birds. Because it is so dry I'm sure that a little water will be a big draw to photograph them. I ended up making a very shallow pond that is perfect for the birds. It is four feet by eight feet and is less than an eighth of an inch deep on the shallow end and just a little less than four inches deep on the other end. Just perfect for most any kind of bird to take a bath in or get a drink. Now I just need to add some interesting perches for catching birds reflections in the water. This afternoon I worked on getting ready for the book signing on my new book Secrets of Backyard Bird Photography which includes by the way the plans for build both large and small water features to photograph birds. God's love and blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment