Thursday, October 9, 2014

Sunflowers, Butterflies and Bees

Driving down Highway One Oh One towards Hopland I passed a beautiful field of sunflowers. They were a giant swath of yellow parting the green vineyards. I just had to stop and photograph them. I drove up to the next side road and turned around and came back. It was a great decision. Stepping out of the pick up I could hear the sounds of hundreds of bees at work feeding on them. While photographing them a Monarch Butterfly stopped on one of the sunflower heads. I followed it from flower to flower until it had too much of me and it flew off. It continued on its journey south and I continued with mine. God 's love and blessings to all, chris Images created with a Canon 7D and a Canon EFS10-22mm lens handheld.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent, Chris. I had a similar experience with a visiting Monarch who fluttered by my carolinian forest black-eyed susans. I enjoy your description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for stopping by, brucejamieson42. I always appreciate your comments. Always fun to capture a butterfly inflight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Beautiful pictures. Thank you for taking them.

    ReplyDelete