Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Foggy Day From Above and Below

Today was a beautiful day for photography. There was a thin layer of clouds overhead that hung out all day long giving a nice diffused light. When I awoke this morning the Little Lake Valley was awash with heavy fog. I photographed it from above and then drove down into the rapidly clearing murk and made an image looking back the other way from below. Such a great day. Yesterday was a bit more challenging. My pick up thankfully only needed some minor repairs but the parts house twice sent the wrong part. So much of the day was spent waiting. While I was waiting I went out to the ranch to check on my photoblind. It was not where it was supposed to be having been torn loose from its moorings by the high winds. One of the carbon fiber blind poles was broken and I now can see daylight through a couple of holes in the top of the blind. I repaired the pole last night. Now I just need to repair the roof. One thing at a time. Please enjoy my foggy views. The first image was created with a Canon 7D and a Xanon 28-105 lens and the second was done with a Canon 100-400 IS lens to pick out some details from the view. God's love and blessings to you, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment