Sunday, February 8, 2015

Oh the Little Juncos!

Today the wind is blowing and the rain is coming down.It sounds like music to my ears on the roof! I think we will be staying put by the wood stove today. Plus my pick ups engine warning light came on yesterday on my drive home. Not a good sign. It looks like a visit to Cal's Garage is in the line up of activities for tomorrow. I pray it is something simple. This winter the most common species of bird has been remarkably absent from the feeders around my house. Dark Eyed Juncos have always been a familiar sight out in my yard but not this year. Last week when I was photographing Acorn Woodpeckers in my photoblind out at the ranch they were one of the more dominant species coming into the feeder. It was so good to see them again. Here are some images I grabbed off my desktop from then. They are such cute little guys! Enjoy and may God bless your Sunday, chris All of the junco images were created with a Canon 7D and a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens. Manfrotto 190 XPROb Tripod with a Bogen 3055 Ballhead. Camera settings used- AV mode, ISO 400,f 8.0 or 5.6. Shutter speed varied . #TeamCanon #Bringit

2 comments: