Thursday, May 28, 2015

Red Dragonfly and a Weird Green Bug

This morning I was playing around with an extension tube and the Tamron 150-600 lens photographing dragonflies next to our little garden pond. There were two red flame colored ones fighting over territorial rights to the small pond. After one would chase the other off it would hunt insects for awhile and then stop to take a rest on one of the plant stalks next to the pond. I set up my tripod and and prefocused on the stalk and just waited for one of them to land. The other image is of a strange looking green bug that landed on Lenore when we were driving. I photographed it and then set it free. When I went to drive off later in the day it was on my windshield. It stayed on there for a long long time until after about a mile of highway driving it blew off. It must be a new form of migrating! God's love and blessings to all, chris The dragonfly image was created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens with a 20mm exension tube for close focusing. The weird green bug was photographed with a 100mm macro lens and the 7D. Both images were done on a Manfrotto Tripod with a Bogen ballhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment