Friday, March 4, 2016

"Cloudy Day"

Thank you Lord for the rain! The storms are still coming through California for some much needed rain. Some of you may know an old song that has the line "It never rains in California ..." which is close to being true. Most of the state only gets rare rains during the summer so we are extremely dependent upon winter moisture. It was really weird for me when I moved here as a teenager to have no rain in the summer. I was used to Colorado where thunderstorms would come through a couple of times a week. What a change! So it's great to see the clouds this morning. I photographed our view to the east and then I set up my camera in our back bedroom and photographed Dark Eyed Juncos in the backyard. This one junco image was the best. God's love and blessings upon your weekend. The junco image was created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400IS lens at 330mm. Camera settings used were ,AV mode, ISO 800, f 8.0 at 1.400th of a sec. The view of the Little Lake Valley was made with Lenore's Canon T5i and a Canon EF-S18-135mm lens at 74mm. AV mode, ISO 1600, F 5.6 at 1/4,000 of a sec.

2 comments:

  1. Beatiful photos, espiecially second shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you likes the image of the Junco,Weronika Śmiecińska. they are such cute and friendly little birds. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete