Thursday, April 21, 2016

"Taken Over by House Finches"

This morning I sat in my photoblind out in the Little Lake Valley. It was cloudy with little bits of sunshine poking through. Badger the Wonder Dog fell asleep in the corner of the blind. There weren't any wasps as I knocked down thier little starter home from the roof of the blind yesterday. I must say it was a bit unnerving trying to do photography with them buzzing six inches above my head yesterday and Badger wasn't too happy about it either! Back to today. There were a lot of House finches and very little else. An Oak Titmouse made a few cameo appearances as well as a pair of White Breasted Nuthatches. I ended my morning a little early as they started weed eating around the ranch house and all the birds left. Here are a few House Finch images from this morning. God's love and blessings to all, chris All images created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens on a Manfrotto Tripod with a Bogen ballhead. AV mode, ISO 800, f 8.0, shutter speeds varied.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous images Chris! I'll check out your book! Best regards.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous images Chris! I'll check out your book! Best regards.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, Thank you so very much for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate you checking out my book. It has been selling well and been getting good reviews on Google and other book sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous images! Look great with the red flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelly for the comment. I agree as I thought they went together pretty well with the pinks and reds.

      Delete