Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Ants and Iris

This morning after photographing hummingbirds I took Badger the Wonder Dog for a walk. Just past the end of our driveway and just off of our road was a beautiful wild Douglas Iris. After spotting it I knew that I had better photograph it very soon as it was just past its prime. After Badger and I finished our walk I grabbed my camera a telephoto lens with an extension tube and a ground pod. When I got there I realized that the ground pod was going to be too low for such a tall flower and maybe I should have grabbed a tripod instead. I looked around me and found two flat rocks that I could stack one on top of the other that would get the ground pod to just the right height. It was just perfect! Perfect except for the fact that I hadn't noticed the little black ant nest attached to the bottom of one of the rocks. Before I knew it I had ants crawling all over my arms and camera. Now as I am typing I keep finding more ants on me. I think it is time to go take a shower. Have a blessed day, chris Canon 7D with a Canon 100-400 IS v1 lens and a 20mm extension tube on a ground pod with a Bogen 3055 ballhead. camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 100, F 16.0 at 1/6th of a sec.

2 comments:

  1. How we have to suffer for our art, Chris. Beautiful image - so it was well worth it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me itch as I read this. LOL Beautiful type of Iris! Lovely image!

    ReplyDelete