Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Gift From the Rains

This morning i went out to see what my trail cam had captured over the past few days. There were only a couple of deer recorded on it. No skunks, foxes or raccoons probably because it has been raining so hard. After I put a new SD card in the camera I noticed a little patch of fungi right at the base of the tree. A gift from the rains! I went back inside and grabbed my macro lens and a ground pod to photograph from. I was only happy with one image that has some little creatures on it that look like they must eat fungi. With all of this moisture we will soon be having fungi pop up all over in the forest which means the mushroom hunters will be out in force. Fungi collecting is a pretty good sized industry where I live with most of it being sold to local buyers and then shipped to a market in San Francisco where it is sold off with a big portion of it being air freighted to Japan. May you have a blessed week, chris This image was created with a Canon 7D mkII and a 100mm macro lens on a ground pod. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800 F 8.0 at 1/10th of a sec.

2 comments: