Monday, August 28, 2017

Sunflowers and Dancers

On Saturday Lenore and I drove down to Martinez, Ca in the San Francisco Bay Area. We went to the Polish Festival. On the way we stopped at winery near Hopland and photographed the Sunflowers. There is this immense gorgeous Sunflower field right next to Highway 101. We were among many, many people stopping to photograph the beautiful flowers. Upon arrival in Martinez I was surprised at how quaint it is. This was my first visit to the city and my only view of it over the years has been driving by it on the freeway and seeing all the refineries. This city itself is very welcoming with its rolling hills covered with many beautiful homes and nicely landscaped yards. It is such a contrast to what you see from the highway. The Polish Festival was rather small but what it lacked in size it made up for it with delicious Polish food and a stage that was filled dancers that followed one group after another for the two hours or so that we were there. It was also really, really hot. I don't know how many dancers were even able to finish their routines. I loved photographing the event and I came away with a full belly and a happy expression upon my face. God's love and blessings upon your week, chris All of theimages were created with my Canon 7D MkII and a Tamron 18-200mm lens handheld. The camera settings varied. #TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

No comments:

Post a Comment