Monday, June 25, 2018

P.O.A.G.S.

This morning I set up and filled a platform feeder about ten feet away from the photoblind out in the front yard. Next I clamped a lichen covered oak branch above the feeder. I climbed into the blind for a long wait. While waiting I could hear the sound of the squirrels chattering in protest in the trees above me. Four Band-tailed pigeons flew down and landed on top of the blind. While they were walking around on the roof heard the clatter of claws on the redwood tree behind the feeder. A Western Gray Squirrel soon appeared next to the feeder. She climbed up the feeder post and made a short leap onto the oak branch. I created a lot of images of her but this one was my favorite a portrait of a Gray Squirrel(P.O.A.G.S.) This image was created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens at 400mm. The camera settings used were AV mode, ISO 800, F 5.6 at 1/80th of a sec. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment