Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Simple Four Flash Set Up

Yesterday after a long hiatus from photographing hummingbirds I created a simple four flash set up in the backyard for photographing hummingbirds. The first step was to take down all the feeders except for two feeders next to where I was photographing them in the shade of a 10' x 10' pop up erected behind our garage. Next I propped up a 4' x4' green backdrop on the seat of a garden bench. Rather than using all the fancy light stands and flash brackets I opted for going simple using flash clamps attached to two more garden benches. Then I placed three cone flowers stuck in florist foam on a low table in front of the camera. Following that I climbed into the photoblind and started photographing. There was no shortage of hummingbirds as there had to be at least thirty hummingbirds buzzing around for two feeders. Here are a some of my favorites. Have a great day and God bless, chris #TeamCanon, All images were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera on a tripod. The lens used was a Canon 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6 L IS USM EF. The camera settings used were Manual mode, ISO 400, F10.0 at 1/200th of a sec. The flashes used were four Canon 540 EZ flashes. Two on the subject and two on the background.The flashes were in manual mode and were set to 1/128th power.

No comments:

Post a Comment