Monday, July 16, 2018

Simple Giift

Today Lenore surprised me when she returned from golfing with a simple gift. She presented me with a small stone that she had found while she was playing. It was a gift that meant a lot to me. I was really happy she went golfing as I encouraged her to go. There is no reason for two of us to be stuck at home! Right now I'm not in the best of shape as I'm slowly recovering from gall bladder surgery. I'm getting there but it's painful. It was the best gift she could have given me as it is symbolic of so much. The heart shaped stone was a little rough around the edges. So very much like our love and the things that we have gone through in our marriage with probably more to come. Most of it has been great by the way. I can't think of anyone better to be with on this journey of life than her. I love you, Lenore, always your husband, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment