Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Iconic Photography

First off thanks to Stacey Patton for giving me this idea. She recently photographed the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. Obviously a photographic icon! I liked her image because she went looking for a location from where the bridge isn't often photographed from. She basically gave it more of her own style by seeking a little something different that gave it a bit of her own twist. I decided to photograph the Willits Arch over highway 101. A much ,much less photographed icon where I live. The other choice could have been a redwood tree.




So this morning dawned wet and foggy and I picked a location and a time in which the average tourist driving through probably wouldn't photograph it. I really like the result as it has my own twist on a local icon. Please let me know you have dropped by for a visit by leaving me a comment or two.

God's blessings to all,

chris
Here is a link to Stacey's blog http://photosbypatton.blogspot.com/2010/10/golden-gate-bridge.html?spref=fb

No comments:

Post a Comment