Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In Pursuit of Blacktails






I got up really early today and worked on uploading photos to my website. It's getting there. Then I dropped off Jay and met Lenore to work out. It's amazing what you can do in the morning if you get up early enough. Following that I went in pursuit of photographing Blacktail Deer. I have been watching four bucks that hang out about ten minutes or so from where I live. They have been feeding on mast (acorns) from the tan oak trees and it is pretty dark under the canopy of the trees. Today was no exception except for a few times when they would wander into a shaft of light piercing to the forest floor. It was challenging photography to say the least.One of the bucks was an inquisitive little spike. The biggest buck had been in a serious fight and had a wound to show for it. The other two bucks even sparred a few times. I spent about a half an hour working at it and I think the results are worth it. Let me know what you think.

God's blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment