Thursday, October 28, 2010

Leftover Memory of Summer




Today I awoke to the sound of wind and rain buffeting the house. I looked out onto the front yard and there stood a fading pink petunia in the planter box on the deck railing. Out the back window the hummingbird feeder hung there seemingly lifeless until a hummer made a bold dash against the rain and sat on the feeder and took a quick drink before dashing back into cover. I usually have one sometimes two Anna's hummingbirds that spend the whole winter here. When it snows they apparently go into short term torpor to survive it. Today I've got to attend to the house after a few days of neglect. it needs a quick pickup.

God's blessings to all,

chris
Please provide me some feedback in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment