Monday, December 10, 2012

Hidden Gems in Plain Sight

This morning I went photographing birds in my friend Joe's backyard. It was much better than last time. Right after entering the photoblind the birds started coming in and the action was almost non stop.He has a lot of Golden Crowned Sparrows! But my favorite image of the day was of a very common bird. It was a Western Scrub Jay. Far too often we overlook these beautiful birds.Partly because we do see them all of the time. We need to look past their raspy call and pushy behavior. Close up they have great markings and are a gorgeous bird.I think I know a few people like that. I need to look past their gruff behavior at the hidden beauty inside. God's blessings to all, chris

2 comments:

  1. Chris, that is a beautiful photograph. I am envious !! *smiles* We have scrub jays here , the Florida scrub jay. I have only seen them occasionally, usually on the way out to the beach in a protected area. But this past spring there were 6 of them in my backyard. The first time I had seen them that close. I was in such awe that I didn't even think to get my camera at first, and when I did, they flew off. I love the brilliant blue color they display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you PerfectMindStorm. When I was in Florida five years ago I really wanted to see a Florida Scrub Jay.I never did. I was amazed at how tame most of the birds in Florida are though. I was shocked to be able to walk right up to Egrets and Herons. An amazing place for bird photography. I hope to get back down that way in the future.

    ReplyDelete