Saturday, December 21, 2013

Blasted Cat!

This morning I was outsmarted by Annika's new cat Papaya when I went out to the photoblind to do some photography. The birds were just not coming to the feeder at all. I waited and waited. No birds. Then I caught some movement down near the base of the bird feeder. There sat Papaya in plain sight with her tail twitching ever so slightly. I called to her and she ignored me. A few moments later she ran off. About five minutes passed and the birds started slowly coming in. I was able to make one beautiful image of a Chickadee. Then the cat showed up again and the birds all took off. I started to get out of the blind to grab Papaya and she ran off again. At that point I realized it would be fruitless to try and capture her. I packed up my camera and went back in the house. I was really happy with the image I made. God's love and blessings to all, chris
Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon 100-400 L IS, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a 3055 Ballhead. Camera Setting- ISO 400, AV Mode, F5.6, 1/160th of a sec.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Midnight Rae. It was my favorite of the few images I managed to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing it, I especially like the rose/chickadee combination. I've been doing photography for a while now and I would really like it if you would come check out my pictures and let me know what you think, they're on my blog Moonlit art.

      Delete
  2. Midnight Rae, I really enjoyed perusing your blog. With your photography you have a talent for finding unique perspectives of intimate scenes. You have some great macro images. You are also a talented artist with skills in a variety of artistic mediums. It must be frustrating to not have time for it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate that you took the time to go look at my blog and like my Facebook page. Sometimes it is, but usually jumping around from one thing to another tends to keep my inspiration going.

      Delete