Monday, January 6, 2014

Whatever Comes My Way

This morning I was up early enough to catch the sunrise. It was overcast and it made for a gorgeous mix of colors on the horizon. Our family is back to its school schedule so I was up early helping make breakfast and lunches. Afterwards I went out to my photblind in the backyard and did some set up images to fill some gaps that were missing in my "Backyard Bird Photography" book. Nice lighting due to the high clouds.I was willing to photograph whatever came my way. The Steller's Jays naturally obliged as did a great little Chipmunk. One young Western Gray squirrel hung out in the background eating seed heads on the edge of the yard. He came close to the feeders but then he chickened out and scampered back into the forest. There were a few Dark Eyed Juncos that stopped by as well and a Red Breasted Nuthatch but none of the images I created of those were of a quality fit for viewing. May you have a blessed day, chris
Camera Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon 100-400 IS, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod with a 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV Mode,ISO 400, F 5.6, Shutter speed varied

No comments:

Post a Comment