Thursday, December 11, 2014

Roll Out the Photos

Yesterday we awoke to a very gray day. I had a lot of work outside to do in preparation for the incoming storm. I put away my photography blind so that it wouldn't get destroyed by the wind like one of my last ones. I tucked away my backdrops so they wouldn't blow away as well. Then I put away the light patio furniture and some other stuff so we wouldn't lose it. When I was done I was ready for some photography. I keep a notebook of image ideas. Every once in awhile I'll dig the book out and add another idea to it or I'll work on bringing one of the creations to life. Today it was one of the latter. It's also one I promised I'd roll out for everyone to see once I finished it. After cleaning up outside I gathered up my photography gear and went to work. I had a blast working on getting the lighting right. I am really happy with the result. I see some room for improvement and I'll put that idea to work if I try it again in the future. Enjoy and God bless, chris PS It is raining cats and dogs right now as I am typing this. It rained hard all night long. Luckily the winds have been mild. Image greated with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens with an extension tube added for close focusing. Lighting was provided by four Canon 540EZ flashes set to 1/64th power. I wrapped the flashes in plastic bags to keep them dry. Camera settings used were manual mode, ISO 400,F8.0 at 1/160th of a sec. Camera was supported with a Manfrotto 055PROBX tripod and a Bogen 3055 heavy duty ballhead.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, thank you for stopping by and commenting. I loved your Lady Beetle image on your blog. It just proves that equipment is secondary to creativity.

    ReplyDelete