Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Winter Coats

Late yesterday morning I went out into the photoblind in my yard to photograph Steller's Jays. It was 28 degrees F.and the wind was blowing. It was cold! Not Minnesota cold that's for sure but plenty cold for where I live close to the coast in Northern California. I must say I was glad to be wearing my winter coat. It was interesting to note that one of the Douglas Tree Squirrels that came into feed had on its winter coat on as well. Come fall they slowly change their fur to a darker color and grow it out just a little longer. So we were both wearing our winter coats. Stay warm and God bless,chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a Canon 100-400 IS lens at 170mm. Camera settings used were ISO 1600,AV mode,F 5.0 at 1/250th of a sec. Camera was supported on a Manfrotto tripod with a Bogen ballhead.

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh look at that button nose that's just way too adorable ♥ excellent capture Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Marie Flutterby. These Douglas tree Squirrels are my favorite. They have such personality and are one tough little squirrel.

    ReplyDelete