Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Winter Birds or Three Birds and a Post

Last night found me out in the pitch black backyard with a flashlight putting up a perch and a bird feeder. Our floodlight above the back garage door had burned out and it was the only way I could see what I was doing. It was forecast to rain this morning and I didn't want to be creating a new set up in the rain. Now that I look back on it I'm not so sure putting up the feeders and the perch in the dark was any easier than doing it in a light rain. This morning I was up and out the door to the photoblind. We don't get very many species of birds in the winter so I was quite happy to photograph three species this morning. I had Steller's Jays, Dark Eyed Juncos and Hermit Thrushes coming in to the feeder. I could hear both White Breasted Nuthatches and Chestnut Backed Chickadees but none of them were coming in. So here are my three birds on a post. All images created with a Canon 7D with a Tamron 150-600mm lens on a Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent work as always, Chris. Wishing you a great bird year 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne. Blessings and a Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  2. Superb captures Chris, the feeder was so worth it, and I hope you replaced the bulb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for checking this photoblog entry out and commenting on it, Marie. I haven't gotten to that bulb yet. I'll be reminded next time I step out the door and there will be no light!

    ReplyDelete