Friday, February 12, 2016

Tight Portraits

Yesterday morning I created a new set up with the top of a small mossy stump. I was going to photograph chickadees so I zoomed in tight. As it turned out the Chickadees ignored the little stump preferring to try and feed from where the old feeders had been located. The Steller's Jays and Western Gray Squirrels however had no problem in finding the new feeder spot immediately. The problem was though that they were tall enough to feed from it with out actually perching on it. Because I was zoomed so tight I settled on getting some portraits. A good decision as I didn't get and chickadee images at all. It's Friday so have a wonderful weekend and God bless, chris All images created with a Canon 7D and a Tamron 150-600mm lens. Camera was in AV mode, ISO 800, F8.0. Shutter speeds varied.

No comments:

Post a Comment