Saturday, July 2, 2016

Cool Find

This morning I had a pleasant surprise when I was filling the hummingbird feeders. The little sugar vampires are drinking more than a gallon a day in nectar! That wasn't the surprise but finding a Yellow Crab Spider clinging to the bottom of one of the feeders was. I moved the spider to my aloe plant so it wouldn't get washed off of the feeder when I cleaned it. This afternoon when the lighting was better I went out photographed it with a macro lens. It hadn't moved very far as they tend to stick in one spot. Crab spiders are an ambush spider. They hunt by patiently waiting for their prey to come along and then leaping upon it or grabbing it. It was a delightful find and quite I'm pleased with how the images of it came out. God's blessings upon your weekend, chris Image created with a Canon 7D and a 100mm macro lens on a Manfrotto tripod with a Bgen 3055 heavy duty ballhead.

2 comments:

  1. A photo exploration with a world of wonder result. A bit of Red, White and Blue for the July 4th celebration too. I˚ll not extrapolate too much further, but the yellow could symbolize our body of trade with the orient. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete