Saturday, October 15, 2016

Adapting to City Life

After coming out of the Rockies down to the plains below I had to adapt to driving in city traffic. The traffic in Denver is really bad! For my good friend Dan's wedding I stayed at one of the major Hotels right off the 470 freeway. It was in Centennial one of the suburbs of Denver on the far south side. Coming out of the hotel one morning I looked up at the flags flying in the early morning breeze. Wow! That looks cool. Then I had an immediate flashback of coloring a Colorado flag when I was probably in third or fourth grade. You know the time when kids all over the United states learn about the state they are growing up in. I stood there lost in thought when my mind popped back to reality when I realized that there were two birds of prey flying around above me in the updraft of the breeze hitting the front of the hotel. One was a young Redtailed Hawk and the other was an immature male Kestrel. It was great they were using the building to hunt the grass along the shoulder of the freeway. The Kestrel wasn't too happy about the Redtail getting too close and he made a few dives at it. The Redtail circled a few times and then went into a stoop towards something in the grass but came up empty handed. By then it was too far away to be photographed but I was really happy to watch it unfold. God's love and blessings upon your weekend, chris All of these images were created with a Canon 7DmkII and a damaged handheld Tamron 150-600mm lens. Exposures varied.

No comments:

Post a Comment