Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Jack Frost Nipping at Your Nose

When we awoke this morning and looked out across the Little Lake Valley the frost in the valley was so thick that we could see it. I had a quick breakfast and I threw my cameras in the pick up and headed down the driveway. The digital thermometer in my pickup read 53 degrees Fahrenheit. Our house sits at an elevation of just above 2,500 feet above sea level depending upon what topo map you are using. As I drove down the mountain the thermometer was dropping down as well. By the time I reached the valley floor at 1,377 feet the thermometer read 28 degrees F. I decided to do a drive around the valley to find some frosty leaves to photograph. As I got nearer to the far side of the valley it got even colder. At its coldest it was 24 degrees Fahrenheit. What a huge difference in Temperature! Stay warm and God bless, chrisThe valley view was created with a Canon EOS Rebel T1i camera and a TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 lens #WithMyTamron, All of the macro images of the leaves were created with a Canon 7D MkII camera and a Canon EFS-60mm macro lens.#TeamCanon

2 comments:

  1. That's dedication for ya! I don't think I could convince myself to be anywhere at 24F. Yikes! Beautiful photos though. I'm sure it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete