Friday, December 1, 2017

Poor Little Mousey

While we were watching a movie the other night the cat caught a mouse and brought it to us to show off its prize. It sat on the carpet between the cat's paws. The poor little thing was in pretty bad shape and it was terrified. Lenore distracted the cat and I grabbed a jar from the kitchen and scooped the tiny little thing up. I later photographed it on a white sweep before letting it go in a brush plie off the end of our road. God's light and love to all, chris Canon 7D MkII and a Canon EFS 17-85mm lens.

2 comments:

  1. Your touching photo and entry today got me reading
    Robert Burn's poem of 1785, "To a Mouse".
    The last two stanzas have reflective insight:
    But Mouse, you are not alone,
    In proving foresight may be vain:
    The best laid schemes of mice and men
    Go often askew,
    And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
    For promised joy!

    Still you are blessed, compared with me!
    The present only touches you:
    But oh! I backward cast my eye,
    On prospects dreary!
    And forward, though I cannot see,
    I guess and fear!

    Thanks be, Chris, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make him seem so sweet! And how they scare the wits out of me if they get in the attic!

    ReplyDelete