Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Working an Image

Last week I set up a lichen covered fir branch in the backyard. I placed it just above a small platform feeder so that the birds would land on it when they were coming to the feeder. About twelve feet back from the feeder I set up a grayish nondescript hand painted gray background. I photographed the birds landing on the perch like that for awhile and then I added in some ferns to give it a little bit of color.Next I I changed the background to one with an off color yellow so that the Jays would stand out a little more. Following that I draped some fall colored vines over the background to really make the colors pop. With the ferns and the fall colors it looked great. It always pays as a photographer to really work an image. The birds featured are Steller's Jays and Band-tailed Pigeons. God's love and blessings to all, chris All of the above images were created with Canon EOS cameras. The last image was made with a Canon EOS 7D MkII camera and a Tamron 150-600 mm G2 lens. Fill flash was provided by a Canon 550 EX flash set to -1- 2/3rds stops. #TeamCanon, #WithMyTamron

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Carol, I really appreciate you stopping by and commenting. i don't get too many comments on the blog. Thank you so very much for the comment.

      Delete
  2. The differences are huge. Love that orange background with the blue - glowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlene for noting the difference. I was really working on the set up to make the contrasting colors standout. It's really nice when it comes together so beautifully.

      Delete