Thursday, May 2, 2019

In Search of the Wild Things

After repeated notices in the mail warning me that I might be beheaded or maimed by the defective air bag in my pick up I brought it in to be serviced yesterday morning. Recalling that the dealership is in the area where I used to photograph wildflowers I grabbed my Canon EOS T1i camera and a Canon 60mm macro lens as I headed out the door. On pulling into the service area I was saddened to see that the new dealership sat right on the field where there used to be large purple patches of Lupines. Dejectedly I sat in the waiting room for the repairs to be made. You can only sit in a waiting room for so long looking at car magazines so I decided to walk out onto the car lot and look at the pick ups for sale. The first one I looked at made me have sticker shock. It was $59,197.00! That is more than the purchase price of my first home! I continued on down the line to the base model which was a more affordable $40,000.00 . Then I starting searching for some possible wildflowers that may still be surviving around the edges of the lot. Just past the edge of the last vehicle there was a patch of purple. I was happy to find a small patch of Purple Vetch that was creeping under the fence. Looking further I found a single clover blossom struggling to survive in this lonely little corner as well. Nature sometimes finds a way to come back. God's love and blessings to all, chris Both images were created with a handheld Canon EOS T1i camera and a Canon EF-S60mm macro lens. #TeamCanon

No comments:

Post a Comment