Thursday, July 8, 2010

Islands in the Fog










I set out this morning in hopes of photographing some deer as I finally got up early enough to catch some late browsers. God had a different plan for me as I didn't see a single buck . What I did see was some beautiful redwood islands in the fog off of the ridge top where I live. On the drive homeward I spotted a friendly doe bedded down in the shade and further on a group of friendly chipmunks.






It was a delight to see the chipmunks as I used to commonly see them up until about five years ago. That was when the population crashed and I have only seen four total over the last three years up until today when I saw a group of about seven of them. Maybe it's a sign that the population is on the rebound. It will be good for the predators like hawks and weasels and not so much for me as they tend to get into our cars and chew things.





God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment