Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Addiction








I'll admit it. I'm addicted to photographing furry little creatures. Marmots,Pikas,Squirrels and Chipmunks are some of my favorite subjects to photograph. Last week at the house we rented in Silverthorne Colorado I was in heaven with the chipmunks. There was a small group of them that were industriously harvesting all the seed heads off of the grasses next to the driveway.





It was amazing how acrobatic they were. They would climb up the thin grasses until the plants drooped from their weight towards the ground. They would then adroitly grab the stalk of the plant just below the seed head with their teeth. They would nip it off and the drop to the ground with the seed head in their teeth. At this point they would scamper off to a nearby rock and eat all the seeds off of the stalk and then repeat the process all over again.





It was a really cool process to watch and photograph. I spent several hours with them sitting on wooden stool in the driveway.

God's precious light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment