Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Vanishing Breed of Men

Today when I was dropping off the recycling I noticed a loader unloading logging trucks full of Redwood logs at the mill. I made a mental note to take some images of it when I finished the recycling. Luckily for me they were still unloading when I got done and I was able to get a few images.



You don't get to see that much logging activity around here that much anymore. At one time there were eight mills in operation in the area where I live. Now there is just one and it is a specialty mill that produces special order timbers and redwood lumber only. So jobs and a livelihood in the timber industry are now passing into history. We have moved onto tourism and other green forms of industry so it's good to grab a few images of what soon may be history.

God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment