Saturday, February 18, 2012

Deerscape


This week I took a nice drive out Sherwood Road in Mendocino County in northern California where I live. It's great country road with very little traffic. I went in search of one of the elk herds that reside out that way. When I found them they were in front of someone's barn in a pasture so it didn't look very photogenic. I drove onward out to the Sherwood Valley site of the old mill town of Sherwood. Only a single home on the west end of the valley the Octagon House gives any clue to its former existence.I didn't see any more elk and I turned around to head home. Just as I was about to leave the valley I spotted some deer watching me from a ridge top. I thought they would make a great "Deerscape".
God's love and blessings to everyone,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment