Friday, February 10, 2012

Trip Report Mad for Mallards












Yesterday I spent a great morning at a photography blind on Delevan Wildlife Refuge northeast of Williams California. The blind had the easiest access of any blind I have photographed from in the refuge system. It was located on a medium sized pond that was tinged with tules making it the perfect habitat for Mallards and other dabbling ducks.I arrived at the blind at five forty giving the ducks plenty of time to adjust or forget that I was there. Within an hour I had Mallards starting to use the logs placed near the blind for the ducks to use.I photographed Mallard for almost two hours before I scared the ducks accidentally when my lens bumped against the side of the blind when I was repositioning it. After that the photography dropped to almost nothing.To be continued..

God's blessings to all,

chris

2 comments:

  1. Mallards are so common, yet so beautiful. Gorgeous shots Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Cate. I just found your comment today!

    ReplyDelete