Sunday, June 3, 2012

Backyard Buzz and Flutter

With flowers a blooming in the backyard things things are a buzz with Bumble Bees and the flutter of butterfly wings. This afternoon I was able to photograph the three most common species of butterflys to my yard at this time of year. Duskywing and Tiny Checkerspot and Mylitta Crescents. Some butterflys flew through but didn't stop. there were California Sisters and Western Swallowtails. The best spot of all day was a Bumble Bee Clear wing Sphinx moth. They look something like a cross between a moth, Bumble Bee and a hummingbird.When I first saw it I thought. "That is a huge Bumble Bee!" I got some images just for ID sake but they aren't worthy enough to print. If it keeps hanging around here for awhile I'll try and get some nice images of it. God's precious love and blessings to all, chris

No comments:

Post a Comment