Friday, March 7, 2014

Phenomenal Day

I spent a big chunk of yesterday evening editing images from photographing in the rain and the fog earlier in the day. It was really nasty and the lighting was poor and I had the best time with slow shutter speeds and all. I was immediately able to pick out what I felt was the best quail image and post it yesterday. What I didn't realize was that there were some hidden gems that needed to be dug out from the rest of the files. There are some flat out beautiful images of Mountain Quail hidden away in there. After a bit of digging I pulled some of my favorites to share. There are in addition to the Mountain Quail, one persistent Western Gray Squirrel,one gorgeous Steller's Jay, some Dark Eyed Juncos and a Varied Thrush. May God bless you and your families today. chris Equipment Used- Canon 7D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens, Ground pod on window sill with a Manfrotto 3055 Ballhead. Camera Settings- AV mode, ISO 800, Shutter speed and F stop Varied.

4 comments:

  1. wow, those images are stunning! give you goosebumps, thanks Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely compliment! Thank you so very much for your comment Maggie Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice deep saturation is part of what makes your photos very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are correct, Dan! Photographing on rainy and foggy days really makes colors pop out. When I used to photograph using slide film I dreaded rainy days. Now I love them.

    ReplyDelete